Sure you know that exercising is good for you. It makes you healthier, better looking, it connects you with other people and makes you feel better. Various sports and ways of working out are all the rage right now and every health expert is recommending that you should exercise at the very least once or twice a week.
You may have followed this advice and found the necessary time to work out or do some sports – and you have noticed the difference yourself. You feel less sluggish and more connected to the group of people you did sports with. But if you have been practicing sports, you may have noticed that it also makes you happy. You have probably wondered why this is happening. Sports drain your energy but they energize you too. And your levels of happiness are over the moon since you have been actively doing sports.
Here are some reasons why.
- Sports release happy chemicals to your brain. There is an awesome chemical in your body called dopamine that is a neurotransmitter in the brain that is responsible for feelings of happiness and pleasure. And there is no better way to get your necessary release of dopamine than doing sports. So exercise, run, play volleyball, soccer, play any sport. The name of it says exactly what it is, playing and playing always releases that happy chemical in your body and makes you feel amazing.
- Exercising makes you less stressed. This one you have probably noticed yourself – after a stressful day there is nothing that helps you as much as exercising. You sweat out all of your fears, anxiousness and worries. Working out can make you a less stressed person not only in short term but also in long term. But how does this really work? By working out you are submitting your body to low levels of stress by raising your heart rate and triggering hormonal changes that simulate stress. If you do this often enough your body will get a lot better at handling stress and you`ll cope with it more easily on a daily basis.
- Sport energizes you. On some days you don`t really feel that into working out and all you want to do is get to bed and sleep. But you should know that exercising can actually make you feel more energized.
- Doing sports can boost your confidence. If you don`t feel good about your body, doing sports and working out will definitely make you more confident. You can see your body transform and change and get better. This will most definitely make you more confident in your body and yourself.
- It will ease your anxiety. Studies show that people who suffer from anxiety get better over time with exercise.
- It can help cure insomnia. It can tire you down and make you sleepy and tired. This is why you`ll sleep much better with exercising.