Sometimes we need to press the reset button on our body to feel better and get rid of toxins. The best way to do this is a natural detox and there are many foods that can not only help you do this, but are also great for your overall health. Here are a few foods that can naturally detox the body. Detoxifying the body has many positive effects on our health and has been a practice founds in many cultures throughout humanity.
• Fruit – Fruit is not only healthy and delicious, but it is very high in liquid content and can help detox the body. The high content of liquid can help rid the body of toxins and it is also very easy to digest. On top of that fruit has a high antioxidant level, has many beneficial nutrients, and is high in fibre and vitamins.
• Citrus – the citrus fruits of lemons, limes, and oranges flush out the toxins in the body and they are also great for helping the digestion system. Specifically, lemon juice is great for the kidneys and liver and cleansing the body with a glass of warm water with lemon juice every day can really help in the detox process.
• Go Green – Any green fruit or vegetable is great for cleansing the body and there are many to choose from. Green foods such kale, arugula, spinach, barley, and wheatgrass can really give your body a chlorophyll boost.
• Garlic – it is no secret that garlic is one of the best detoxifying foods out there. Unless you are a vampire garlic can really be beneficial to your body, as it really is great for the liver in getting rid of toxin residue that is derived from the digestion system. You do not need to eat garlic by itself for health purposes, but simply adding fresh slices of it to any dish can do the trick.
• Green Tea – Green tea is chock full of antioxidants and this can really aid in flushing the system of harmful toxins. There is also catechins in it and it is a type of antioxidant that can improve the function of the liver.
• Raw Vegetables – Any raw vegetable from asparagus and cabbage to beets and artichokes can help you in the detox process and you can eat them raw or juice them as well. No matter what vegetable you use you can not only eat it raw but juice it is as well to get the full detox benefits. No matter what combination of raw vegetables you eat or juice or if just one, it can rid toxins. On top of that vegetables are high in sulfur and glutathione, which can also rid harmful chemicals from the liver.
• Nuts and Seeds – Nuts and seeds can be great for detoxifying the body and the more easily digestible they are the better. Flax, pumpkin, and chia seeds are fantastic ones to incorporate into your diet and they can be added to many other foods to make a tasty and healthy dish. On their own walnuts, sunflower seeds, and almonds are great for a healthy snack that can help detox the body.